Friday, January 24, 2014

Touchstones.

I have 4 major touchstones who are my inspiriations as artist. One of the older ones in Frank Miller, creator of the graphic novels sin city and 300.
 His knowledge of black and white work and use of negative space is amazing. His artwork and style still amazes me every time I look at it. But that does not mean his work with color is sub par.
My next touchstone is a heavy hitter in the comic world and his style captivates me as his always pushing his work to be more dynamic. Humberto Ramos his worked on multiple comic books including The Amazing Spider-Man and recently Superior Spider-Man.
 A fairly recent artist I've been admiring in the comic world is Skottie Young. His done multiple Variant covers for Marvel comics and does all the art of The Emerald city comics.

His style is easily recognizable and very unique. His always the master at doing the lovable baby characters that are loved by many

The most recent artist who I've been following is Dan Luvisi who recently released his own comic book Last Man Standing and now working on his own comic book.
Simply Amazing artwork. The realism and attention to details is outstanding and something I hope to achieve.


No comments:

Post a Comment